The clinical data behind the #1 Dermatologist recommended laundry products.
UNDERSTANDING SENSITIVE SKIN
Sensitive skin is a common problem, but it’s not a medical diagnosis. In technical terms it means that sensitive skin is more susceptible to inflammation or reacting to irritants.1 When a patient has sensitive skin, they can react strongly to the chemicals, dyes, and fragrances in products that come in contact with their skin. They might also get rashes or irritation from their clothing or friction. If your patient is reacting to fragrances, rough clothing or contact friction from fabric, this may be a signal that it’s time to change to a “free” laundry regimen.1
Sensitive Skin Facts:
- - 45% of adults report having sensitive skin.2
- - 80% of dermatologists recommend the use of laundry detergents that are free of dyes and perfumes for patients with sensitive skin.3
- - 60% of patients are not satisfied with their “free” detergent and switch to a non-free detergent4†
- - 86% would be willing to pay more for a detergent if it cleaned better4
- - Of patients who use both a free detergent and fabric softener/ dryer sheets, 87% use scented fabric softeners/dryer sheets.‡
Tide, Downy and Bounce Free & Gentle have been extensively researched and consistently shown to be mild on skin while still delivering better cleaning* and outstanding conditioning. Click here to review the Overview.
*vs. the next leading free detergent
†When people switch from the next leading “free” laundry detergent. ‡P&G data on file
CLINICAL STUDIES: EVALUATING LAUNDRY PRODUCT SAFETY STANDARDS AND CHANGES
Learn more about the product safety changes put in place to protect children from accidental exposure to single use laundry packets.
View the following publication here.
Learn more about the impact of voluntary safety standards on single use laundry packets following related children injuries.
View the following publication here.
TIDE FREE & GENTLE
Tide Free & Gentle’s Lift and Block Technology cleans down
to the fibre level and prevents soils from redepositing,
demonstrating superior cleaning ability.*
- • Enzymes break up hard-to-remove stains and surfactants lift out stains, dirt and odour particles down to the fibre level.
- • Concentrated polymers sweep in to trap the dirt in the wash water, to prevent it from reattaching to the fabric.
Tide Free & Gentle is recognized by the National Psoriasis Foundation§ and the Eczema Society of Canada‡.
Performance is key to consistent use of ‘Free’ laundry detergents.
Learn how Tide Free & Gentle outperforms the next leading ‘free’ laundry detergent.
View the publication here
vs. the next leading free detergent. Original image in B&W. Soil has been colourized to show contrast. P&G data on file. † Tide Free & Gentle liquid detergent, Tide PODS Free & Gentle detergent, Tide + Downy Free & Gentle liquid detergent, Tide + Downy PODS Free & Gentle detergent, Downy Free & Gentle liquid fabric conditioner, Tide Free & Gentle Hygienic Clean Heavy Duty liquid detergent, and Tide PODS Free & Gentle Hygienic Clean Heavy Duty detergent have all earned the Eczema Society of Canada Seal of Acceptance. ® Registered Trademark of Eczema Society of Canada/Société canadienne de l’eczéma, used under license. ‡ Earned National Psoriasis Foundation Seal of Recognition.
DOWNY FREE & GENTLE
Downy Free and Gentle is an optimal fabric conditioner to use with Tide Free & Gentle Fabric conditioners, like Downy Free & Gentle, can provide sensitive skin benefits, by reducing friction between clothes and skin2 Conditioned fabrics are shown to be more gentle on skin.
- Clinical research, forearm wet & dry towel test, Piérard GE et al, University of Liège, Belgium.
- Hermannsa J et al.. Beneficial Effects of Softened Fabrics on Atopic Skin. Dermatology 2001;202:167–170.
BOUNCE FREE & GENTLE
Patients with sensitive skin concerns should be encouraged to complete their “free” laundry regimen with Bounce Free & Gentle. According to The American Academy of Dermatology, scented dryer sheets may contribute to irritation1
• Helps provide relief for patients who
are sensitive to rough clothing.
• Further enhances the fabric care
process with an anti-static treatment to repel animal hair from clothes.*
*P&G data on file
Reference :1. American Academy of Dermatology. Eczema tips to help children feel better. Available at: https://www.aad.org/media/media-news-releases.
TIDE AND DOWNY FREE & GENTLE ARE RECOGNIZED BY ESC* AND NPF†:
THE ONLY LAUNDRY REGIMEN
*Tide Free & Gentle liquid detergent, Tide PODS Free & Gentle detergent, Tide + Downy Free & Gentle liquid detergent, Tide + Downy PODS
Free & Gentle detergent, Downy Free & Gentle liquid fabric conditioner, Tide Free & Gentle Hygienic Clean Heavy Duty liquid detergent,
and Tide PODS Free & Gentle Hygienic Clean Heavy Duty detergent have all earned the National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance.
† Earned National Psoriasis Foundation Seal of Recognition, excluding Bounce Free & Gentle dryer sheets.