Frequently asked questions
The following are the most frequently asked questions about Braun
Q. How do Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) devices work?
A. Devices using IPL technology deploy a broadband pulsed light source that emits a beam of light that targets the root of the hair, helping to break the cycle of hair regrowth. With continued use, the patient’s hair will grow back finer, lighter, and slower, leading to permanent hair reduction.
Q. Do IPLs work on various skin types?
A. IPLs works best on body areas with high contrast between hair colour and skin tone - which means it’s not suitable for every body part or everyone.
Q. What is the most effective way to use an IPL?
- Prepare the skin by removing hair from the treatment area.
- Plug in IPL device.
- Select the right head and treatment mode based on comfort level.
- Click multiple times for stamp mode for precise treatment in smaller areas. Keep pressing the button for glide mode when treating larger areas.
- Repeat the treatment once a week for 12 weeks to see first visible results. Then switch to maintenance mode and treat as needed.
Q. Where can IPLs be used?
A. IPL devices can be used in most major areas of the body where hair growth is common. For women, this includes the upper lip and chin, underarms, arms, stomach, bikini line and legs. For men, this includes below the shoulders on chest, back, arms, stomach and legs. Areas above the shoulders are not recommended for men due to the density of male facial hair and may cause uneven results.
Q. What is included in a Braun IPL set?
A. Some variation of the following is included in a Braun IPL set:
- IPL Device
- Device Cap (e.g. standard, precision, wide)*
- Power Cable
- Venus Smooth Razor
- Zip Pouch or Beauty Bag