Scalp Expert. Dandruff Protection. Clinically Proven
Most Clinically Tested Brand*: Proven to normalize scalp health.
THE ORIGINAL SCALP COLLECTION – CANADA’S #1 SHAMPOO†
Canada’s #1 shampoo† is also the world’s #1 anti-dandruff shampoo†. Extensively proven across 200 clinical studies, the Original Scalp Collection relieves dandruff symptoms, such as:
- ✓ Flakes‡
- ✓ Dryness
- ✓ Scalp Irritation
- ✓ Itchiness‡
- ✓ Redness
HOW MALASSEZIA GLOBOSA IS THE FUNGAL CAUSE OF DANDRUFF AND SEBORRHEIC DERMATITIS
- - Malassezia globosa resides in both the surface of the scalp skin and the Infundibulum
- - Malassezia can evade treatment in the infundibulum where it is well protected
- - Delivery of Head & Shoulders’ unique form of pyrithione zinc (ZPT) active to the follicular infundibulum is one factor contributing to the efficacy of the anti-dandruff relief
- - Studies show that Head & Shoulders effectively delivered the ZPT active to both the surface of the scalp, including the follicular infundibulum
- - Slowing the growth of its fungal cause even in difficult-to-access areas of the scalp skin now allows for optimized relief
A 16-WEEK STUDY CONFIRMED THAT REGULAR USE OF HEAD & SHOULDERS (POTENTIATED ZPT SHAMPOO) CAN NORMALIZE SCALP HEALTH 1§
- Using a potentiated ZPT shampoo effectively remediated the common symptoms associated with dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis 2
- General consensus confirmed the mechanism of action served to effectively remove the irritant stimulus - malassezia - via anti-fungal product activity
- Objective biomarker assessments related to oxidative stress and inflammation, which are significantly elevated in dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis, were all normalized
- Skin function, as assessed instrumentally by water vapour permeability (TEWL) and hydration (skin conductance) was also normalized
* Based on clinical publications in peer-reviewed journals.
† Based on Nielsen sales information April 2018 to March 2019. P&G calculation of AC Nielsen National All Channels, in volume sales P12M, from April 2018 – March 2019
‡ associated with dandruff, with regular use
§ A double-blind, 16-week anti-dandruff study with 200 patients was conducted, via a Procter & Gamble established methodology 3 [Bacon] in which flake quantitation was assessed via the Adherent Scalp Flake Score (ASFS) protocol
• In a pre-treatment period of 8 weeks with placebo shampoo, patients who met the minimum ASFS criteria were randomly assigned to either placebo shampoo or a commercial potentiated ZPT shampoo (Head & Shoulders)
• Assessments were made at baseline and weeks 3 and 16 (except for instrumental assessment, which did not include a week 3 read)
• Non-invasive assessments were made of biomarkers of scalp condition as well as instrumental measures of scalp function
1. Schwartz J et al. A comprehensive pathophysiology of dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis – towards a more precise definition of scalp health. Acta Derm Venereol 2013: 93;131-137.
2. Schwartz J et al. Therapeutic efficacy of anti-dandruff shampoos: A randomized clinical trial comparing products based on potentiated zinc pyrithione and zinc pyrithione/climbazole. Intl J Cosm Sci 2013; 35:381-387.
3. Bacon R, Mizoguchi H, Schwartz J. Assessing therapeutic effectiveness of scalp treatments for dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis, part 1: a reliable and relevant method based on the adherent scalp flaking score (ASFS). J Derm Treat 2014:25: 232-236.
INSTANT COLLECTION IS CLINICALLY PROVEN TO RESTORE AND MAINTAIN SCALP HEALTH
Designed with On Contact Technology
- The Instant Cooling Relief shampoo contains microfine polymers and conditioning ingredients as well as a cool burst of freshness using menthol and peppermint.
- As soon as the shampoo comes in contact with the scalp in the shower, it instantly smooths the hair cuticle and locks in moisture resulting in hair that feels moisturized.
Head & Shoulders Instant Cooling Relief shampoo effectively restores and maintains scalp health. Cooling Relief fights dandruff symptoms, such as:
- ✓ Visible flakes*
- ✓ Itchiness†
- ✓ Redness
- ✓ Persistent scalp irritation
- ✓ Dryness
STARTS TO RELIEVE SYMPTOMS FROM THE FIRST WASH
- Anti-dandruff active ingredient pyrithione zinc (ZPT) helps improve the scalp’s resilience to moisture loss after just one wash
- Provides quick cooling relief and visibly flake-free hair* that looks and feels healthy
* with regular use.
† Associated with Dandruff.
CLINICAL STRENGTH – CLINICALLY PROVEN RELIEF FOR TOUGH FLAKES*
Clinical Strength is the recommended solution for severe cases of dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis. Formulated with 1% selenium sulfide, this extra strength shampoo helps prevent symptoms associated with dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis from the first wash
- ✓ Tough Flakes*
- ✓ Severe Redness
- ✓ Severe Itching*
- ✓ Scaling
CLINICAL STRENGTH SHOWED SUPERIOR REDUCTION OF DANDRUFF FLAKING VS. 2% KETOCONAZOLE MEDICATED SHAMPOO AT ALL TIME POINTS.
* Associated with dandruff, with regular use.
† Use as directed.
1.Schwartz JR, and Bacon RA. Comprehensive Scalp Care for Severe Dandruff / Seborrheic Dermatitis with Selenium Sulfide. 23rd World Congress of Dermatology, Canada, Vancouver, BC, 8–13 June 2015.
FOR ADDITIONAL SCALP AND COSMETIC HAIR BENEFITS, IT IS RECOMMENDED TO FOLLOW HEAD & SHOULDERS SHAMPOO WITH A HEAD & SHOULDERS CONDITIONER.
HEAD & SHOULDERS IS THE #1 CHOICE OF DERMATOLOGISTS*
*for personal use